Location: Franklin, MA
Technical Lead, Secondary
Provide lead technical assistance to Secondary operators in department. Provide instruction and training to group employees for maximum efficiency and their personal success. Perform set-up and operation of one of more Secondary machines. Set up and operate secondary equipment and perform any other functions within the department that may be necessary. The Secondary Technical Leader is capable of performing all tasks required of both a Secondary Operator.
- Support manufacturing cell.
- Frequently run machines. Perform set-up of production jobs. Perform activities of Set up Operators and Operators.
- Run production per schedule, achieving print specifications including quality and through-put.
- Implement continuous improvement activities. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Train department employees in equipment operation; identify topics of training for department personnel.
- Provide help in cross-training floor personal.
- Perform JobBOSS transactions.
- Perform required daily maintenance to equipment and tools.
- Analyze jobs thoroughly before proceeding. Establish approach to each job to achieve quality, cost & delivery goals.
- Work on special projects such as new customer sales orders or research and development projects.
- Interpret process specifications for workers.
- Confer with team leader and /or supervisor and other shift workers to transfer and receive information and instructions regarding the status of the operation of particular jobs.
- Monitor the quality of the product being produced by the group.
- Generate & maintain records. Verify accuracy of machine hours & insure productivity & quality targets are achieved.
- Work with supervisors and others to aid in solving problems such as workflow, quality issues, productivity issues, etc.
- Perform any functions, required within skill set, that may be necessary to achieve optimum performance of company.
- Provide technical guidance to coordinate correction of problems with equipment and/or processes.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods and processes, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Refer extensive machine repairs to maintenance personnel.
- Test random samples to verify product meets specifications.
- Use measurement and inspection tools (i.e., micrometers, microscope, etc.) to ensure product meets quality standards.
- Maintain a clean environment and pay attention to detail and product appearance.
Must be able to read blueprints, drawings, specifications and quality plans and have very strong oral and written communication skills, be able to follow written and verbal instructions and be capable of meeting assigned deadlines. Good manual dexterity and ability to use measurement and inspection tools. Good work habits, strong workmanship and a positive attitude are required as well as an ability, desire and flexibility to perform a variety of machining operations.
Level of Skill, Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent & at least 3 years experience in device manufacturing environment is required. Previous experience in a leadership position is a plus. Experience in medical device manufacturing, aerospace, machinery, metals, health, consumer goods a plus.
Interested candidates should
E-mail Tegra Medical HR
Tegra Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer