Location: Franklin, MA
Provide leadership and oversee the day-to-day operations for one or several work centers (i.e., grit blast, heat set, secondary operations, assembly and cleaning/chemical processes). This role will lead and facilitate Lean Implementation efforts in the work centers while providing instruction and training to team for maximum efficiency and their personal success. The supervisor will be responsible for accomplishing department goals and metrics and scheduling including supervision, job selection and placement of personnel within their departments or across the plant. Support Tegra Medical objectives while working with other functional areas and businesses within the plant.
- Maintain positive, high performance environment that fosters extraordinary customer satisfaction, enhanced morale and individual employee development through team building, coaching, and training.
- Assessing team members skills in the work area.
- Contribute and conduct candid timely reviews and personal development training for the team members.
- Lead Lean implementation efforts and sustain continuous improvement activities in the operations area.
- Act as lead technical support to members of the work centers and have strong working knowledge of precision inspection tools.
- Assist shift personnel with questions or problems. Facilitate communications to improve internal efficiency and effectiveness across the Operations Team.
- Assign workers to work stations to meet production requirements following the production schedule.
- Train department employees in equipment operation and assist in cross-training.
- Oversee consumables usage and ordering, tooling & fixturing, and job preparation.
- Work with personnel to aid in solving problems such as workflow, quality issues, productivity issues, etc.
- Lead strong safety culture.
- Track and monitor key performance indicators and take corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance is planned and performed.
- Lead NCR & CAPA resultion.
- Compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and all procedures in the Tegra Medical QMS.
- Additional duties and responsibilities to support the team(s) and organization as a Supervisor.
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines while ensuring quality of delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective business relationships.
- Excellent technical, problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Must be flexible, possess leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong decision making capabilities and capacity to handle confidential information.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP/MRP systems, preferably JobBOSS. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
BA/BS Degree in operations management or minimum of 3 years supervising a manufacturing organization or relevant experience. Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, as well as a strong quality background desired. Experience in regulated industries such as Medical Devices, including ISO 13485 requirements.
Interested candidates should
E-mail Tegra Medical HR
Tegra Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer