Location: Franklin, MA
Provide leadership and oversee the day-to-day operations for several work centers in Franklin Manufacturing. Lead and facilitate Lean Implementation efforts in the work centers while providing instruction and training to team employees for maximum efficiency and their personal success. The supervisor will be responsible for accomplishing department goals and metrics and scheduling including supervision, job selection and placement of personnel within their departments or across the plant. Support Tegra Medical objectives while working with other functional areas and businesses within the plant.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Supervise manufacturing work team; assure customer expectations are consistently satisfied; products and services always meet quality specifications and fully utilize resources to provide cost-effective solutions.
- Lead/Facilitate Lean and Six-Sigma Initiatives
- Lead a strong safety culture
- Adjust to changes in workload, resources or priorities by reallocating resources when necessary
- Oversee consumables usage and ordering, tooling & fixturing, and job preparation
- Hold employees accountable for performance in safety, quality, delivery and cost
- Provide supportive coaching including candid and timely employee performance reviews and discussion
- Provide opportunities & training to meet developmental needs, improve capacities & throughput of their respective work teams
- Improve flow through plant by processing jobs per milestone schedules
- Manage communication boards: performance metrics, daily assignments, etc.; take corrective action as necessary
- Foster department to department, and shift to shift communication
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance is planned and performed
- Lead NCR & CAPA resolution with assistance from management, quality and engineering
- Escalate department needs for maintenance, engineering, quality and other support as needed
- Work with supervisors and functional groups to solve problems, ie., workflow, quality & delivery issues, and manufacturing cost issues
- Compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and all procedures in the Tegra Medical QMS.
- Machining knowledge for the supporting work teams
- Strong working knowledge of precision inspection tools
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines while ensuring quality of delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective business relationships.
- Excellent technical, problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Must be flexible, possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP/MRP systems, preferably JobBOSS. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong decision making capabilities, the capacity to handle confidential information and the ability to travel as required.
BA/BS Degree in operations management or a minimum of 3 years supervising a manufacturing organization or other relevant experience. Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, as well as a strong quality background desired and experience with regulated industries such as Medical Devices, including ISO 13485 requirements.
Interested candidates should
E-mail Tegra Medical HR
Tegra Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer