Location: Franklin, MA
The General Manager will be responsible for the direction, management and coordination of the daily operation of the manufacturing plant. This individual will be responsible for defining goals, improving processes, managing budgets, directing resources, resolving problems and ensuring manufacturing strategies result in cost effective, on-time delivery of quality products.
- Directly lead production, quality, supply chain, maintenance, engineering, safety, and other departments as assigned.
- Direct these areas toward the accomplishment of corporate objectives. Establish corporate manufacturing and department operating policies.
- Maintain positive, high performance environment that fosters extraordinary customer satisfaction, enhanced morale and individual employee development through team building, coaching, training, feedback / reviews and goal setting.
- Lead Lean and Six-Sigma Initiatives to bring cost, quality and lead-times to world-class levels
- Install communication rhythms that promote the transfer of knowledge through all levels of the factory
- Manage site operations and manufacturing P&L to minimize cost and maximize profitability
- Partner with other business leaders to create and share best practices.
- Facilitate cross functional communications to improve internal efficiency and effectiveness
- Establish and lead operational initiatives in conjunction with the sales organization to drive aggressive organic growth.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of new business opportunities including assessments of projected growth, revenue and impact of new initiatives.
- Provide a safe working environment for all manufacturing personnel and ensure timely resolution of any unsafe practices or conditions
- Track and monitor key performance indicators and take corrective action when necessary
- Compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and all documented procedures in the Tegra Medical Quality Management System
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines and expectations while ensuring overall quality of delivery
- Excellent technical, problem solving and analytical abilities
- Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing concepts: 5S, Kaizen, Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, SMED, etc.
- Must be flexible, possess strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills; ability to manage multiple priorities. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment while exhibiting positive behavior.
- Strong decision making capabilities and capacity to handle confidential information
- Knowledge and experience with ERP/MRP systems, preferably JobBoss. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Possess the ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with staff and executive leadership. Demonstrated ability to build effective business relationships across all levels of business.
- Proficiency in financial matters in order to meet the budget requirements of the plant.
- Ability to travel as required
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in operations management or a technical major
- Minimum of 10 years managing a manufacturing organization or relevant experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, as well as a strong quality background desired
- Experience in regulated industries such as Medical Devices, including ISO 9000 requirements
Interested candidates should
E-mail Tegra Medical HR
Tegra Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer