Location: Hernando, MS
The Hernando General Manager will direct and manage the day-to-day operations of the Hernando facility. Individual will be responsible for executing the revenue plan for the plant and determining all staffing, CAPEX and systems required to support this. The General Manager will also direct and manage all of Operations (including Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, Planning, Shipping and Receiving and Inventory Control), IT, Quality, and the daily activities of Customer Care, HR and Finance to deliver a world-class customer experience. This individual will be responsible for defining the necessary business metrics to achieve the facility goals, improving processes, managing budgets, directing resources, resolving problems and ensuring manufacturing strategies result in cost effective, on-time delivery of quality products.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Identify and direct the development of both short term tacticals and long-range strategic business and financial plans and lead the overall strategic and financial planning process.
- Meet goals and objectives and be accountable for targeted revenue, gross profit, net income and EBITDA. Develop annual business & sales plans and budget.
- Assist in identifying potential customers, develop sales strategies and maintain existing customers through follow-up and follow through in conjunction with the sales organization to drive aggressive organic growth.
- Maximize growth while monitoring projection information and anticipating future workload requirements in order to maintain proper staffing levels.
- Develop and submit justifications for all CAPEX.
- As needed, provide significant contribution to product rollout strategies based on technical considerations and impact on the business.
- Manage controllable cost by educating the Team on GMP practices and procedures and ways to eliminate scrap & rework while maintaining effective and efficient day-to-day business operations that minimize cost and maximize profitability.
- Assure customer expectations are consistently satisfied, products and services always meet quality specifications and all resources are fully utilized to provide cost-effective solutions.
- Drive decision-making at all levels of the organization as required to ensure success.
- Track and monitor key performance indicators and take corrective action when necessary.
- Identify and resolve resource and technological constraints as well as cross-department conflicts and ensure that resources are appropriately identified and assigned.
- Hire, train and develop a successful Team that consistently surpasses our customers’ needs and expectations with exceptional service.
- Maintain positive, high performance environment that fosters extraordinary customer satisfaction, enhanced morale and individual employee development through team building, coaching, continuous feedback and goal setting.
- Facilitate cross functional communications with the Franklin facility Lean Center of Operational Excellence to improve internal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide a safe working environment for all Team Members and ensure timely resolution of any unsafe practices or conditions.
- Lead Lean and Six-Sigma Initiatives to bring cost, quality and lead-times to world-class levels.
- Exercise common sense, good judgment and exceptional management skills.
- A self-directed individual who is a team player and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- Strong technical capabilities and understanding of machining, machine tools and operations while maintaining a strong focus to satisfy the customer.
- Superior oral & written communication and listening skills.
- High expectations of your Team Members and the ability to coach mentor and teach them what they need to learn.
- Strong quantitative & data analysis skills and the ability to work well with systems.
- Accountable to metric reporting (revenue, expenses, profitability, utilization, efficiencies, payroll, overtime, quality, on-time delivery, etc.).
- Ability to drive data based decisions; high level of financial acumen; P/L experience
- Excellent problem solving and decision making capabilities and be able manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and ideas into simple, understandable action plans and then execute the same.
- Be able to adapt quickly to an extremely fast paced and rapidly changing business environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Marketing or a related discipline and at least ten (10) years of progressively increasing responsibility directing and managing a medical/contract medical device manufacturing facility. MBA is a plus. Knowledge and experience with ERP/MRP systems, preferably E2, JobBOSS or similar system. Previous experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts: 5S, Kaizen, Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, SMED, etc. as well as a strong quality background is preferred. Should have experience in regulated industries such as Medical Devices, including ISO 9000 requirements. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, aggressive to growth, have a tremendous passion for our customers and an extremely strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to meeting aggressive deadlines and expectations while ensuring overall quality of delivery. Proven leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective business relationships across all levels of business are required. Should have excellent technical problem solving and analytical abilities and be flexible while possessing strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able manage multiple priorities, have strong decision making capabilities and the capacity to handle conflict and confidential information. Ability to travel as required
Interested candidates should
E-mail Tegra Medical HR
Tegra Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer