Location: Franklin, MA
Provide leadership and oversee day-to-day operations for the CNC Swiss Department. Lead and facilitate Lean Implementation efforts in the work area while providing instruction and training to team employees for maximum efficiency and their personal success. The supervisor will be responsible for accomplishing department goals and metrics and scheduling including supervision, job selection and placement of personnel within their department. Support Tegra Medical objectives while working with other functional areas and businesses within the plant.
- Supervise work team; consistently satisfy customer expectations; products and services always meet quality specifications and fully utilize resources to provide cost-effective solutions.
- Lead a strong safety culture.
- Adjust to changes in workload, resources or priorities by reallocating resources when necessary.
- Oversee consumables usage and ordering, tooling & fixturing, and job preparation.
- Hold employees accountable for performance in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Provide coaching including candid and timely employee performance reviews and discussions.
- Manage communication boards and take corrective action when necessary.
- Foster department to department, and shift to shift communication.
- Host Gemba walks and regular department communication meetings.
- Oversee cGMP and training requirements and implementation.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance is planned and performed.
- Lead NCR & CAPA resolution with assistance from management, quality and engineering.
- Escalate department needs for maintenance, engineering, quality and other support as needed.
- Work with personnel to aid in solving problems such as workflow, quality, delivery and manufacturing cost issues.
- Compliance to all documented procedures in the Tegra Medical Quality Management System.
- All other duties as required to support the team and organization as a Supervisor.
- Must be technically sound in CNC Swiss discipline including programming, setup and operation.
- Prior experience on Citizen or Star machines and Part Maker desired.
- Strong working knowledge of precision inspection tools
- Effective team member. Lead and establish cooperative/positive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines and expectations while ensuring overall quality of delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build effective business relationships across all levels of business is required.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP/MRP systems, preferably JobBOSS and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong decision making capabilities, the capacity to handle confidential information and the ability to travel as required.
Education and Experience:
BA/BS Degree in operations management or a minimum of 3 years supervising a manufacturing organization or other relevant experience. Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, as well as a strong quality background desired and experience with regulated industries such as Medical Devices, including ISO 13485 requirements.
Interested candidates should
E-mail Tegra Medical HR
Tegra Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer